Friday 25 November 2011

Forget Friday....It's all about Sunday. Girl.


An artist that I''ve found quite interesting to watch over the last year or so has been Sunday Girl aka Jade Williams.

I guess the first thing you notice about her is how gorgeous she is, but the moment you hear her sing, you instantly discover a very unique tone in her voice which I find rather captivating.
I love the sounds of her vocal coupled with some equally twisted sounding production (cue Diplo).
Throw in some acid meets 80's tracks and a whole host of (left of centre) pop covers, Sunday Girl sets herself apart from the average cookie cutter pop artist.

In the year I've been following her on the (copeous amounts) blogs, what I have also noticed is how engaged she becomes with her fans, and not just how often she conversates directly on twitter and facebook with them, but extended her talents beyond just being a singer, but entertaining them with various DJ sets and throwing tea parties for her fans. From a marketing perspective, I think this is important (and pure gold). I think an artist needs to be accessible to their fans and not sit up on a peddlestool like some unattainable glorified popstar.

Just to add more meat on the bones, she exhibits a very strong point of view when it comes to her personal style; it's quirky and very chic at the same time. What I think is amazing, is in the year or so that she's been around, shes become the face of River Island, modelled for ASOS, collaborated on a joint collection with Firetrap and grabbed the attention many of the fashion elite.


One of my favourite songs to listen to and is on constant replay on my iPod is Four Flours. There's something so relatable about these lryics, maybe it's the whole idea of someone jumping out of your bed!

"We left on a note, but no ones singing.
Better off alone.
Made no excuses, you made your escape.
No explanation. How dare you.
Out of my bed and off down the stairs. The back of your head was a clear view.

Four floors apart, but we just keep missing.

Two worlds in half, and I'm still wishing.
Four floors apart, and I'm still wishing to see your face again.
Wonder just what I'd say."


I could write on and on about this girl but if you haven't been living under a rock, you would have already come across this echanting Siren. So I'll just leave you loving her more, like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment