Sunday 24 April 2011

Turn it on its head

So I wrote a song about 5 or 6 years ago. The song is called I'll be all you need and it's very lovey dovey, sappy and butter would totally melt in your mouth kind of song.

At the time I wrote it, I didn't actually know what being in love was all about or even knew what love felt like.

I hear artists like Natalia Kills say things like you should live and experience life before you can sing about it. Oddly enough, I hadn't lived this part of my life out yet.

I revisited this song, re-read it and thought the lyrics are totally generic and boring, and even after experiencing love, I didn't connect with it.

What do you do with a meaningless song? The melodies for it were actually pretty sweet and catchy, so I didn't feel comfortable just throwing it away.

So I thought, what have I experienced in my singledom? Hmmm. Bitterness, anger, making my feelings and myself vulnerable to another person, being walked all over, being pissed off at people messing you around. DING

I'll be all you need is now, I was all you need. I flipped it on it's head and turned it into a song about reckoning and making someone regret they ever messed you around. Suddenly it has more meaning.

I'm yet to record it, however, here are some lyrics that I just finished reworking today.


 I was all you need

Verse 1
There are no words, there are no pictures
To describe the way that you fucked up my heart
Cause you were my world, you were what I lived for each day
You took it all away, I begged you to say with me

Bridge 1
So I’m gonna do what I need to do to get past you and the games you’re playing
Make you regret, make you sorry, you wont forget why you shouldn’t mess with me

Chorus
Never find no body else, no body just like me
One in a million stars, far in the galaxy
Travel through time, look back and you will see
I was all you need
And I, I’m better off without you here
Won’t cry for you won’t shed a tear
You no longer mean all the world to me
And I was all you need

Verse 2
I hate you, I swore my love to you
Promised everything my body mind and soul,
And all you need to do, was to just believe me,
And know everything I said to you is true

Bridge 2
So I’m gonna do what I need to do to get past you and the games you’re playing
Cause what you left was a mess, made me full bitterness, an empty hole in me

Chrous

Bridge 3
In times of good in times of bad
In times when you’re feeling baby down and sad
You use to mean the world to me..
No longer mean the world to me…

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment